Monday, July 11, 2011

7/9/11- Traveling to Brussels

Before talking about our travel day to Brussels I wanted to let you guys know that a group of students and I went to a restaurant and ate frog legs last night, (the picture of food below). The entree also included rabbit, salmon, scampi and cuddlefish (I couldn't make myself eat the cuddlefish). After dinner we finished the night early, around 10:30PM, and got ready for our morning departure, (I should mention that the sun hasn't been setting in Dijon until 10:00PM each day!!!).

We left the hotel once we finished a quick breakfast and started on a 7 hour bus trip to Brussels. Arriving at 2:00PM we checked into our hotel and toured the surrounding Central Brussels area. I'm not familiar with Brussels' history and I don't know the names of the cathedrals and squares that we visited so I haven't included them below. The size and intricate art on the building facades were amazing and it would seem that the monuments require continual maintenance and restoration. For dinner we grabbed a set menu meal at a restaurant near the Galerie Ravenstein. Many of the residents of Brussels speak English so it was nice to see menus in English and order from waiters fluent in English. Finishing dinner we returned to the hotel to drink some locally brewed beers, Jupiler and Stella Artois.

Last couple pictures from Dijon:




First afternoon/night in Brussels:





No comments:

Post a Comment