Thursday, July 14, 2011

7/11/11- Back to Class in Brussels

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in the last few days, I'll get you all caught up to speed today!
Between battling a sorethroat/cough and school functions I haven't had a whole lot of time or energy to spare.

I should mention before talking about our daily activities that our hotel provides a great breakfast buffet to its guests every morning, (omelet bar, sausage, bacon, yogurts...the works!). So on Monday, after a hearty morning meal, we finished our human resource class early and were set free on Brussels around 10:30AM. I connected with a few classmates who I hadn't spent much time and we hiked through more areas of Brussels that we'd previously not discovered.

As we walked through the city we joked about the fact that none of us really understood the history behind any of the monuments and that we had only been appreciating the buildings for their vast sizes and antiquity. After close to two hours of walking we reached the end of our tourist map and caught a metro train back to the hotel area.

Upon our return to the hotel area I found a laundromat to drop off dirty clothes and hurried back to the hotel and got to sleep around 7PM in hopes of putting my illness to rest.

Here are some pics from our walk around the Northeast area of Brussels:













No comments:

Post a Comment